The Chelsy Tomashoff Memorial Scholarship for Print Design Excellence
The Chelsy Tomashoff Memorial Scholarship was created in memory of Chelsy Tomashoff, a member of the Thomas Group Printing family. Chelsy believed strongly in giving back, and this scholarship honors her memory by recognizing excellence in print design in order to make the dream of higher education a little more attainable to print design students.
If you’re a design or art student working in print design, we want to see your work! Send in your best design to be considered for a $1,500 award and national recognition, as part of our design scholarship.
Thomas Group Printing has established the annual $1,500 design scholarship this year, and submissions are open to any undergraduate or graduate student in a design, art, or visual communications program who will be enrolled in the fall semester of 2019.
- We’ll award the finalist $1,500 prior to the fall semester of 2019.
- The winning project will be showcased on our website, and we’ll also send an announcement showing off the winner’s work to our client list, which includes executives from several major businesses in NYC (Think MoMA, JP Morgan, etc.)
- The award will be made based on quality of the design work.
- You can present any design you want. Support a cause, deliver a message, promote a product or yourself; just send in your most creative and impactful print design.
How to Submit
There are two basic steps to apply for the Thomas Group Print Design Scholarship. The application deadline is July 15, 2019 for this year’s scholarship award.
- Send us a completed print design. Use the form at the bottom of this page to email us the files of the work you want us to consider. Extra points for those who post their project to Behance, Dribbble or a personal portfolio website and link to our scholarship page to build awareness for the competition.
- Write a short essay about why print design is still important and impactful in today’s digital age. If you’d like, post it on a publicly-available website like Medium, WordPress or your personal blog, with an image of the project you’re submitting. In your post, include one link to our website to help other students find the award! (www.thomasgroupprinting.com)
Don’t Skip the Fine Print
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident of the United States, and may not be employed by Thomas Group Printing in any capacity. The applicant must attend a college or university that is accredited and listed on the official website of the U.S. Department of Education.
You must be enrolled full-time in an accredited 2-year or 4-year college or university for the fall 2019 semester.
The scholarship recipient will receive a one-time $1,500 educational scholarship for qualified expenses, including tuition, fees, books and on-campus room and board. Thomas Group will provide this amount of funds made payable to the student’s approved college or university, and will send the award amount to the college or university’s financial aid or bursar’s office.
The scholarship recipient must be actively enrolled full-time for the entire academic year without interruption.
Our No-Nonsense Data Use Policies
Selling or using your data just isn’t nice, so we promise we will not collect information from participants in this scholarship program in any way other than specified here. We’ll retain the email addresses of all scholarship entrants only to announce the winner of the scholarship competition, never for marketing purposes. The contact information submitted with your application will not be used for any solicitations and will not be sold or shared in any way.
Policies About The Use of Your Artwork
Thomas Group will retain the right to use all submitted artwork for the purpose of promotion of the Thomas Group Print Design Scholarship. We won’t sell your work or reproduce it commercially, however, you give us permission to repost your artwork on our blog and social media properties for the purpose of promoting the scholarship. All submissions may be copied, reposted or displayed online by us, in whole or part, without notification. The artists retain all rights to their artwork.
About Thomas Group
Thomas Group Printing was founded in 1912 and is a fourth-generation, family owned and operated company. We serve New York City’s most innovative companies with a wide array of commercial printing services. We’re proud to establish this print design scholarship as a way to support continued innovation and creativity in printing.
Submit your application here:
Thomas Group Printing
131 Varick St.
New York, NY 10013
© 2019 Thomas Group Printing.
Website by Form + Function